Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Tv shows

I generally stopped watching television a couple of years ago. An older kid I thought was really cool sent me a facebook invite to Turn Off Your TV Week to take a stand against advertising and consumerist culture. So I did (besides that weeks episode of Lost), and never really went back.

I still spend time on the internet, at least six hours a day is a conservative estimate. During this time, I'm aware that I am bombared by way more ads than I would be if I were watching television but still- I simply don't enjoy television anymore.
Besides LOST, which is my favorite show, and is nearing the end of its final season. That is incredibly emotional for me! I will do anything for my LOST. I still have a wealth of knowledge concerning South Park, The Simpsons, the first five seasons of 24...and not much else. Oh! and the Adult Swim block on Cartoon Network. That was my haven for the first few years of high school, without a doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment